05 August 2005

It's that time of the year...

It's hot. Really hot and muggy out. And you know what that means:
It's time to buy school supplies.

I am no longer a student, but the really hot and muggy weather makes me yearn to visit Office Depot and buy a 5-subject notebook and some new pens.

So today I decided that I should sign up for the Russian 101 class at my local university. I briefly doubted my decision because then I would no longer be self-acquiring this language, but...

IT'S HOT AND MUGGY OUTSIDE. I MUST ATTEND SCHOOL.

I went to the University bookstore first and checked out the textbooks for the class. It's a text called Голоса that is a (used) hardback, a workbook, and some CDs. Cool.

Next I went to look at the Fall class schedule. They have a class offered on Mon/Wed from 11:30 - 12:30. Really cool! I can go during my lunch break.

Lastly, I went to the money office to find out how much undergraduate tuition costs.
EIGHT HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-FOUR US DOLLARS to register for Russian 101.

OK, I'll stick to self-acquired.

I bought the textbooks anyway. I can use them on my own!

tag(s):

No comments: