15 June 2006

New strategy for using Rosetta Stone

Today I picked up my Rosetta Stone lessons for the first time in a very long time. I hope to review all of my previous lessons for the next month or so and then begin new material.

Each Rosetta Stone lesson is composed of 10 screens. Each screens contains vocabulary and syntax information for the learner to acquire.

In reviewing some lessons today, I noticed an interesting trend in my memory of the vocabulary and syntax: I have no problem remembering the information presented in the first 4 or 5 screens of the lesson. The last half of the screens contain information that I have a fuzzy memory of (if I am lucky).

To me this means that the lessons contain too much information for my poor, little brain to process in one go. In moving forward, I think that I will plan to work on half a lesson at one time.

tag(s):

No comments: