17 June 2005

Pimsleur guilt (again??)

So I bought these used Pimsleur CDs from a guy in Canada via eBay. He was pretty quick about shipping, but when the envelope arrived, it was way too light for a bunch of CDs.

Well, it turns out that they're not exactly "used" but more like "pirated." It's a bunch of mp3 files, not uniformly named (!!), shoved on 3 disks named: My_Disk, My_Disk, and My_Disk.

Now I feel very guilty. This self-instructed foreign language acquisition is nothing if not guilt-bearing distress and shame.

What could I do but take a listen to my next lesson, Unit 19 of Level 1?

SURPRISE!! IT IS A PREVIOUS EDITION OF RUSSIAN PIMSLEUR WITH SPEAKERS WHO SPEAK TOO FAST AND SLUR THEIR CONSONANTS.

So, I wasted a bunch of money, gave it to a pirater, and I am still stuck listening to the cassette version from my public library. Foiled again!

tag(s):

No comments: